Home > Events, Fundraising > Thank you, Chicago!

Thank you, Chicago!

What an amazing event! Last night was a record-breaking evening here in Chicago. More than 1,000 friends gathered at Navy Pier to support CURE for our 15th Annual Chicago Benefit. With more than $1.4M and counting raised for critical epilepsy research, it was the most successful evening in CURE’s history. Thank you to everyone who attended and especially to Mrs. Clinton for sharing this magnificent night with us. The outpouring of support and the stories shared by speakers and guests alike were inspiring and incredibly touching.

Wish you all could have been there with us! A heartfelt thank you to our many volunteers, donors and in-kind donors!! See you all next year!

For videos from the evening, please visit our video page!

1. June 14, 2013 at 1:14 pm

See me applauding. Saw you and David and Hilary Clinton on the news last night. Go CURE!

2. Bess-Catherine McCord
    June 14, 2013 at 8:12 pm

It was exciting to be at the dinner. I thank you for your service. In particular thank you for helping us when Paul McCord was injured (October 13, 2012: shrapnel slicing completely through his frontal lobe right side to left) while in service for the State Department in Afghanistan. The information you provided and the support you demonstrated helped immensely. As it turns out he and we have been the beneficiaries of a miracle, in that he has recovered totally — defeating the science and medical prognosis, and much to the delighted surprise of the doctors and all of us. I realize that his outcome — our outcome — is not what so many at last night’s dinner experience. There is a visceral injustice about the innocent suffering. I am honored to support your efforts to develop research that will propel the science toward a cure, so that others will feel the elation that escaping the clutches of disease awakens.

There was karma in the fact that Paul is an officer with the State Department and that Hillary Clinton was speaking, because she was instrumental in obtaining permission for Paul to be treated at Walter Reed even though he was no longer a Naval officer. Out family have been fans of Bill and Hillary Clinton in equal measure from the outset, and that demonstrative act on her part verified our faith in her. Last night, her speech, again, demonstrated the definitive core of her character to be empathetically drawn to serve. We are lucky as a nation that she rose to where she is. We were lucky last night to have had her share her time.

We are equally lucky that you, Susan, and CURE dedicate your energy so valiantly, wisely and precisely.

Thank you.
    Bess-Catherine McCord and the entire Nash-McCord-Burke family.

3. Celia
    June 14, 2013 at 8:31 pm

It was a wonderful event!

4. June 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

Susan, It is Gregory Albert. Congratulations on a job well done! I had another seizure where I broken a blood vessel in my eye and I am black and blue on my face. Will I see a cure for epilepsy in my lifetime? My birthday wish for myself is that I am around for when we find a cure for epilepsy.Since my birthday is July 4th. Please have your researchers work very hard at this goal. Keep up the good work Susan with my brother Craig and the other wonderful people of The Cure.

with much Love,

Gregory Albert

5. Sara Nash
    June 16, 2013 at 12:12 am

Thank you for a wonderful, inspiring evening. Once again an amazing CURE Event. Hiliary Clinton making it extra special. As the mother of a daughter with Epilepsy who is able to lead a full and active life I am left devastated but hopeful for the many who can’t. CURE is the reason for that hope! Thank you Susan and the family of CURE.

Sara Nash

6. June 28, 2014 at 12:26 am

Hi there, just wanted to mention, I liked this blog post.

It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

1. No trackbacks yet.